Comprehensive Dental Care in Mountain Home, ID
Capture Every Joyful Moment of You and Your Family
The family dentists in Mountain Home, ID, are focused on addressing the dental health of your family, especially your children and teens, at every stage of their lives. Also, we keep detailed records of your family’s dental history.
We provide a wide range of family dentistry services, such as:
- NComprehensive Exams
- NDental Hygiene
- NPeriodontal Therapy
- NOral Cancer Screening
- NSedation Dentistry
- NRoot Canals
We also offer the following services, specifically for your family’s dental and overall wellness:
- RRegular Cleanings and Exams - Regular exams and cleanings in a biannual routine are important for your family. This is to ensure and track the proper development of your children’s teeth.
- RPediatric Dentistry - Our pediatric and family dentists are dedicated to providing infant and children’s oral health exams, early assessment and treatment, and diagnosis of oral conditions.
- RTeen Services - We also educate your teens about dental issues caused by unhealthy habits that affect their oral wellness.
- RFluoride Treatments - Early childhood caries (ECC) is very common in children, so we provide fluoride treatments to prevent the progression of tooth decay.
- RCavity Checks, Fillings, and Gum Disease Treatment - Your family dentists here at Mountain Home Dentistry Co. emphasize the importance of regularly checking for cavities during your visits. They make sure that cavities receive filling treatments. Also, we offer periodontal therapy, which is a non-surgical treatment for gum disease.
"*" indicates required fields
Our Family Services
Click on each image to learn more about our treatments for you and your family.
These exams are intended to uncover and address minor issues before they become major ones; hence, they require more expensive treatments. Before that happens, schedule your dental or biannual checkups to keep your family’s dental wellness in excellent condition.
Your family dentist conducts these exams to assess and evaluate the condition of your teeth and gums at every stage of your life. Also, we make sure that we can customize your dental treatment plan with alternatives you can choose from to address and adapt to your specific needs. In that way, you can capture the beautiful and healthy smiles of your family.
Our family dentists see to it that your children receive tips on the importance of maintaining proper brushing. Also, we recommend the use of a dental hygiene kit that consists of not just an ordinary toothbrush and toothpaste but the recommended types of toothbrush and toothpaste for your kids. For toddlers, you can start with a smear-sized amount of toothpaste that has low-fluoride content or a kiddie toothpaste suitable for their age. Also, it is advised to use a soft-bristled type of toothbrush to avoid hurting your toddler’s soft gums.
Along with these tools, we also recommend the use of dental floss, oral irrigators, teeth whiteners, mouthwash, tongue scrapers, and dental picks and sticks for your kids and teens. However, it is still best if they are guided accordingly by their parents to make sure that the proper care and maintenance of their teeth are done at home.
Periodontal therapy in Mountain Home, ID, is a non-surgical method for treating gum disease. Should you be having this kind of procedure, it is important to know the cause of periodontal disease. At an early age, we advise teens of the dangers of smoking, chewing tobacco, and poor oral hygiene and diet, as these can result in periodontal disease. Extreme tooth sensitivity and bleeding or receding gums are the common signs and symptoms of periodontal gum disease.
However, rest assured because we offer treatments or therapy for this case. Also, our family dentists here at Mountain Home Dentistry Co. can help you establish an effective hygiene routine at home. Plus, do not forget to schedule your biannual visit with us to monitor your dental health condition.
Oral Cancer Screenings
We also offer oral cancer screenings or examinations to look for early signs of cancer in your mouth. This method ensures that we can treat, cure, or provide solutions to possible early cancer signs before they become highly risky for you.
Some factors increase the risk of oral cancer, including the continuous use of tobacco in any form, such as cigarettes, e-cigarettes, chewing tobacco, and pipes. Also, the heavy dependence on alcohol is one factor that every family should know about.
Our oral screenings consist of physical and visual examinations of your oral cavity and connected tissues.
Randy D. (Actual Patient)
Dental sealants are ideal for both kids and adults. That is because it is an easy and painless method for preventing most cavities in children. This dental treatment prevents about 80% of cavities in molars.
This procedure is done by coating your teeth and filling every pit and fixture on their surface. Therefore, no food particles will be stuck that can turn to acid and lead to tooth decay or cavities.
Also, Mountain Home Dentistry Co. ensures that your sealants are in top condition on every visit you make with us.
When a tooth becomes severely damaged or infected, a root canal might be your best option to save it! Many people experience severe toothache due to the cavity reaching the nerve inside their tooth (pulp) and causing an infection.
To save your tooth and restore its function, Our dentist will gently remove the infected pulp and all the bacteria using root canal therapy. Then, he’ll fill the space with a composite resin, restoring your tooth’s strength and structure.
Trust in Our dentist’s experience and expertise to get rid of the infection and restore your tooth’s function. Through compassionate care, he’ll make this procedure as comfortable and pain-free as possible.
Protecting your teeth while playing sports or during the night is vital.
At Mountain Home Dentistry Co., we are proud to offer two types of custom-made mouthguards to help you in your unique situation.
First, we offer our night guards. These appliances are designed to protect your teeth from grinding or clenching while you sleep. This common problem can cause jaw and bite issues, but our night guards can hold your jaw into place and prevent this issue.
Second, we offer our sports guards. Each guard is custom-made to fit your smile while not impairing your performance. The sports guard protects your teeth from trauma and injuries associated with several sports.
Both styles of mouthguards are created to meet your individual needs and produce a comfortable fit. Our dentist will team up with you to design the ideal appliance for you!
Have you ever felt anxious or scared while visiting the dentist? If so you are not alone, and what’s better, we are here to help. At our Mountain Home, we offer sedation dentistry to help our patients relax and feel comfortable during their visit. Say “goodbye” to all those fears and experience dentistry in a new way!
Our dentist in Mountain Home, ID, provides three sedation options with access to a surgery center and local anesthesiologist when needed. These options include:
- Inhaled Sedation: Also known as nitrous oxide (laughing gas), this sedation is inhaled through a nasal hood. You will remain awake but relaxed. After the procedure, the effects of this sedation wear off very quickly.
- Oral Sedation: With this type of sedation, you’ll be given some tablets that make you feel sleepy but still aware of your surroundings.
- Intravenous (IV): This is our strongest type of sedation. It doesn’t fully put you to sleep, but it does make you less aware of what is going on during your procedure. This type of sedation can only be administered by a certified dentist, like our very own Our dentist.
Your treatment plan will be tailor-made to your needs and goals. In the end, you’ll gain a beautiful, functional smile you’ll be proud to show off.
Schedule Your Appointment
Our dentist goes the extra mile for your family’s health.